Thursday, July 26, 2007

10 Things About Me

Several of my friends have been tagged to share 10 things about themselves on their blog. So, I decided to join them and share 10 very random and potentially embarrassing things about myself. Here goes.

1. I met my amazing husband at a K-Love New Year's Eve Dance. He was the very hot "Vest Guy" that I spotted across the room.
2. I talk to my mom and sister almost every day.
3. I once lost my retainer at Braum's. In order to find it, my family had to dig through the trash in their dumpster. People drove by asking if we were hungry. It was so much fun. (Please hear the sarcasm in my voice.)
4. I'm fluent in Spanish. Soy biligue - no triligue. Puedo hablar muy bien espanol y un pocito de italiano. Y mi hermana siempre me burla cuando diga la palabra "flauta."
5. I once touched a curling iron to the bridge of my nose because I wanted to know what it felt like hot.
6. Sometimes I lack common sense.
7. I love teaching, but I hate the planning part of it. I think that's why I enjoy teaching the 2nd - 5th graders at People's Church. I still have to prepare, but thankfully I don't have to create lesson plans.
8. My daughter is named after my grandmother and my great-grandmother. Evelyn is the middle name of my Great-Grandma Fulton on my mom's side. Jeanine is the first name of my Grammy on my dad's side.
9. One year at Turner Falls Youth Camp, all of the girls in my room, including myself, put pantyhose on our heads for the talent show and sang "Put on the garment of praise..." Who knows what we were thinking!
10. I can pick things up with my toes. Pencils, clothes, Evie's toys, the remote control. My sister says I'm the reason why schools teach that humans evolved from apes. Thanks, Kelli!

Now I tag Josh, Kelli, Rebecca, Joy, my mom, and Elizabeth Germann.

No comments: